Managing ME/CFS: A guide for young people
|Publisher||Calico Publishing Ltd|
|Media type||print & digital|
Publisher's synopsis[edit | edit source]
(This synopsis was provided by the publisher for promotional purposes. For book reviews, please see Links section below.)
Any young person who has just been diagnosed with ME or CFS (that’s Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) will find a sympathetic voice in this book. Dr Vallings is a very experienced medical doctor and she has spent much of her career helping people with ME/CFS. She explains this complicated illness in a way that is easy to understand.
- Full of great suggestions for managing everyday tasks.
- Tips for working through the ups and downs of the illness.
- Ways to create the best chance of recovery.
- Includes stories from young people who are managing this illness.
Dr Vallings’ message to young people is to learn as much as you can about ME/CFS and to actively take charge of your health. As she says, ‘Only you know how you really feel.’
Anyone caring for a young person with ME/CFS will also find this book useful.
Links[edit | edit source]
- Managing ME/CFS: A guide for young people - Amazon (US) (eBook)
- Managing ME/CFS: A guide for young people - Amazon (UK) (eBook)
- Managing ME/CFS: A guide for young people - Calico Publishing (Paperback)
- Managing ME/CFS: A guide for young people - Goodreads
References[edit | edit source]
Myalgic encephalomyelitis or chronic fatigue syndrome, often used when both illnesses are considered the same.