Cynthia Mulrow, MD, MSc, MACP, was a panel member and contributed her expertise to the February 2015, Institute of Medicine report, Beyond Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Redefining an Illness.
"Cynthia Mulrow, M.D., M.Sc., is senior deputy editor of Annals of Internal Medicine and adjunct professor of medicine at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. She has been program director of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Generalist Physician Faculty Scholars Program and director of the San Antonio Cochrane Collaboration Center and the San Antonio Evidence-based Practice Center. Dr. Mulrow was elected to the American Society of Clinical Investigation in 1997; served as a member of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force, 1998-2002; was honored as a master of the American College of Physicians in 2005; and was elected to the IOM in 2008. Her academic work focuses on systematic reviews, practice guidelines, research methodology, and chronic medical conditions. She contributes to several groups that set standards for reporting research: PRISMA (systematic reviews and meta-analyses), STROBE (observational studies), and CONSORT (clinical trials)."
Education[edit | edit source]
- 1978 - MD, Baylor College of Medicine
- 1983 - Fellowship in General Medicine at Duke University School of Medicine
- 1984 - Masters in epidemiology at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
Sampling of Publications[edit | edit source]
- 1998, Systematic Reviews : Synthesis of Best Evidence for Health Care Decisions, ISBN-10: 0943126665 ISBN-13: 978-0943126661
- 2000, Milk thistle: effects on liver disease and cirrhosis and clinical adverse effects
- 2000, Garlic: effects on cardiovascular risks and disease, protective effects against cancer, and clinical adverse effects
- 2009, The PRISMA statement for reporting systematic reviews and meta-analyses of studies that evaluate health care interventions: explanation and elaboration
- 2015, The PRISMA extension statement for reporting of systematic reviews incorporating network meta-analyses of health care interventions: checklist and explanations
Online presence[edit | edit source]
Learn more[edit | edit source]
- Annals of Internal Medicine Biography of Cynthia Mulrow
- Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas Biography of Cynthia Mulrow