Bhupesh K. Prusty, PhD, is the Group Leader in the Department of Microbiology, Julius Maximilian University of Wuerzburg, Germany. His research expertise includes the molecular mechanisms of latency and activation of Human herpesvirus 6 and the finding of the chromosomal integration and inheritance of Human herpesvirus 7.
Education[edit | edit source]
Awards[edit | edit source]
- 2015 - Koichi Yamanishi Young Investigator Award for Excellence in Basic Science given by the HHV-6 Foundation
- 2016 - Ramsay Award Program grant recipient, sponsored by the Solve ME/CFS Initiative for his work on HHV-6 mediated mitochondrial modulation and its association to ME/CFS.
EUROMENE[edit | edit source]
Dr. Prusty is a substitute member of the Biomarkers Working Group of ME/CFS across Europe on behalf of EUROMENE, a European Union COST Action CA15111 not-for-profit research organization committed to tackling the cause and treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
Notable studies[edit | edit source]
- 2018, Chronic viral infections in myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS)(Full text)
Talks and interviews[edit | edit source]
- SMCI 2016 Ramsay Team 5 Research Update (Interview with Solve ME/CFS Initiative)
Online presence[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
Learn more[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Loop | Bhupesh K. Prusty". loop.frontiersin.org. Retrieved Apr 7, 2019.
- "Bhupesh Prusty earns Young Investigator Award for Excellence in Basic Science | HHV-6 Foundation | HHV-6 Disease Information for Patients, Clinicians, and Researchers | Apply for a Grant". hhv-6foundation.org. Retrieved Apr 7, 2019.
- "2016 Ramsay Award Program Results". Solve ME/CFS Initiative. Retrieved Apr 7, 2019.
- Rasa, Santa; Nora-Krukle, Zaiga; Henning, Nina; Eliassen, Eva; Shikova, Evelina; Harrer, Thomas; Scheibenbogen, Carmen; Murovska, Modra; Prusty, Bhupesh K.; European Network on ME/CFS (EUROMENE) (Oct 1, 2018). "Chronic viral infections in myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS)". Journal of Translational Medicine. 16 (1). doi:10.1186/s12967-018-1644-y. ISSN 1479-5876. PMID 30285773.
Myalgic encephalomyelitis or chronic fatigue syndrome