From MEpedia, a crowd-sourced encyclopedia of ME and CFS science and history
Christopher Burton is general practitioner in Sheffield, UK. He is also an academic and writes extensively about medically unexplained symptoms and functional somatic syndromes, which he considers chronic fatigue syndrome to be an example of.
Notable studies[edit | edit source]
- 1997, Biochemical evidence for a novel low molecular weight 2-5A-dependent RNase L in chronic fatigue synd rome 2003, Beyond somatisation: A review of the understanding and treatment of medically unexplained physical symptoms (MUPS)
- 2009, Reduced complexity of activity patterns in patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: a case control study | BioPsychoSocial Medicine
- 2012, ABCs of Medically Unexplained Symptoms (book)
- 2013, Enhanced care by generalists for functional somatic symptoms and disorders in primary care - a Cochrane review
- 2017, A taxonomy of explanations in a general practitioner clinic for patients with persistent “medically unexplained” physical symptoms
Clinic location[edit | edit source]
Talks and interviews[edit | edit source]
Online presence[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- NICE guidelines
- Medically unexplained physical symptoms (MUPS)
- Biopsychosocial model
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Michael Sharpe
- Per Fink
Learn more[edit | edit source]
- Chris Burton - University of Sheffield
References[edit | edit source]
- Burton, Christopher (November 20, 2012). "Fatigue". ABC of Medically Unexplained Symptoms. John Wiley & Sons. p. 124. ISBN 9781118495308.
- NICE (October 28, 2018). "Committee member list | NICE CG53 CFS/ME guidance update". nice.org.uk. Retrieved October 20, 2018.
- Burton, Christopher (March 2003). "Beyond somatisation: a review of the understanding and treatment of medically unexplained physical symptoms (MUPS)". The British Journal of General Practice. 53 (488): 231–239. ISSN 0960-1643. PMC 1314551. PMID 14694702.
- Burton, Christopher; Knoop, Hans; Popovic, Nikola; Sharpe, Michael; Bleijenberg, Gijs (2009). "Reduced complexity of activity patterns in patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: a case control study". BioPsychoSocial Medicine. 3 (1): 7. doi:10.1186/1751-0759-3-7. ISSN 1751-0759. PMC 2697171. PMID 19490619.
- Rosendal, Marianne; Blankenstein, Annette H.; Morriss, Richard; Fink, Per; Sharpe, Michael; Burton, Christopher (October 18, 2013). "Enhanced care by generalists for functional somatic symptoms and disorders in primary care". The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (10): CD008142. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD008142.pub2. ISSN 1469-493X. PMID 24142886.
- Mortin, LaKrista; Elliott, Alison; Cleland, Jennifer; Deary, Vincent; Burton, Christopher (February 1, 2017). "A taxonomy of explanations in a general practitioner clinic for patients with persistent "medically unexplained" physical symptoms". Patient Education and Counseling. 100 (2): 224–230. doi:10.1016/j.pec.2016.08.015. ISSN 0738-3991.