JonD. Kaiser, MD, is a Clinical Associate at the University of California at San Francisco School of Medicine, a past board member of International Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, previous Medical Director of K-PAX Pharmaceuticals, and a physician in private practice specializing in integrative medicine and the treatment of people with diseases of the nervous and immune systems.
Dr. Kaiser personally suffered from ME/CFS for over fifteen years. "It took me five years to recover to the point where I was close to normally functional. If I worked too hard, if some sort of stress occurred that I couldn't avoid, I would have a relapse lasting days to weeks," Kaiser said. "One of the things that got me interested in micronutrients and supplements early on was using them to help support my recovery." I also developed several mind-body techniques that we're extremely helpful in my recovery from ME/CFS.
As Medical Director of K-PAX Pharmaceuticals, Dr. Kaiser helped perform the Synergy Trial, a double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial of a new treatment designed to improve the fatigue and decreased concentration symptoms in people with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). The treatment combines a low dosage of a prescription stimulant medication, methylphenidate hydrochloride, with broad-spectrum mitochondrial support nutrients.
At the beginning of 2020, Dr. Kaiser returned to private medical practice in Mill Valley, California and currently consults with patients worldwide using telemedicine. In 2019, Dr. Kaiser wrote an E-book titled "A Healing Program for Fibro & Fatigue" that can be obtained free on his medical practice website.
- Bachelor of Science degrees in biochemistry and philosophy from the State University of New York at Binghamton.
- MD, from University of Texas Medical School in Houston, receiving honors in Internal Medicine and Emergency Medicine.
Articles[edit | edit source]
- 2014, Stimulating Energy: Enhancing the Mitochondria in the Synergy Clinical Trial for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, by Cort Johnson
- 2015, Jon Kaiser, MD: Supporting Mitochondrial Health With Nutrient Therapy
Talks and interviews[edit | edit source]
- 2014, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) - Improving Mitochondrial Energy Production
- 2015, Jon Kaiser, MD: Supporting Mitochondrial Health With Nutrient Therapy. (Full transcript of interview)
- 2015, Mitochondrial Medicine and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Notable studies[edit | edit source]
- 2015, A prospective, proof-of-concept investigation of KPAX002 in chronic fatigue syndrome. (Full Text)
- 2018, KPAX002 as a treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS): A prospective, randomized trial (Full Text)
Learn more[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- USCF directory page for JonD. Kaiser
- "IACFS/ME homepage".
- Halstead, Richard (March 22, 2014), "Mill Valley company develops treatment for mysterious chronic fatigue syndrome.", Marin Independent Journal
- "JonD. Kaiser homepage".
- "Biography, JonD. Kaiser". WebMD.
- Kaiser, J; Gustafson, C (July 2015). "Supporting Mitochondrial Health With Nutrient Therapy". Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine. 21 (Suppl 2): 77-79. PMID 26308764.
- Kaiser, JD (July 15, 2015). "A prospective, proof-of-concept investigation of KPAX002 in chronic fatigue syndrome". International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Medicine. 8 (7): 11064–11074. PMID 26379906.
- Montoya, Jose G; Anderson, Jill N; Adolphs, Danya L; Bateman, Lucinda; Klimas, Nancy; Levine, Susan M; Garvert, Donn W; Kaiser, Jon D (2018). "KPAX002 as a treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS): A prospective, randomized trial" (PDF). International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Medicine. 11 (3): 2890–2900.